Darryl McCauley, the brother and manager of popular comedian Dane Cook died on July 18 at his home in Ketchum, Idaho. Darryl was 40 years old. Darryl’s death has been confirmed by both family members and authorities to ABC news.
- Darryl Mccauley was found dead in his bed around 3pm after he failed to show up for a morning film shoot
- Darryl Mccauley had battled drug addiction for many years but had recently checked himself into rehab
- Cause of death is still unknown as there are no reports that say how Daryll McCauley died or if foul play
Who Was Darryl Mccauley?
Darryl Mccauley was the brother and the manager of a very famous American actor, stand-up comedian and writer, Dane Cook. He served his brother as a manager from year 1990 to the year 2008. Now before we discuss Darryl Mccauley Death news, let’s see some of his early life details.
He was convicted and was sent to prison for a term of five or six years due to charges of theft that he committed with his brother. In the year of 2010, dane cook revealed that his brother was diagnosed with lung cancer and Darryl Mccauley died on the same year. Darryl McCauley Age was 38 years old at that time of his death and he left behind a daughter named Ryan as well as Dane Cook who is now 42 years old.
Darryl McCauley was born on 31st May, 1965 in the United States of America. He was a famous and personal manager of his brother Dane Cook.
According to the sources, he had a great relation with his brother Dane Cook while they were growing up together. They spent their childhood happily and used to play with their friends as well as helped their parents in their farm work.
He managed his brother’s career when he became a famous actor and comedian by 2003. There was a time when he was in a trial for two years with his brother because of fraud charges. Now we are going to discuss about this news article along with some other details that you may like to know about him including the net worth, family life, early life etc.
Darryl Mccauley Death News:
Recent reports suggest that the internet entrepreneur Darryl McCauley has died. However, the reports are unconfirmed and no information is available from any news website or the internet confirming McCauley’s death.
Please stay tuned, and as soon as we obtain any tangible lead that may be related to his death, we will provide information about it in future articles.
Darryl Mccauley Theft Story:
Dane Cook trusted his brother Darryl with all of his money, keeping him as his manager until his career was at its peak in 2008. However, despite keeping Dane’s money safe, Darryl and Erika embezzled around a $11 million from Dane’s accounts, and Darryl even spent some time in prison for it. Darryl was released after four years of his sentence.
Darryl Mccauley Age:
He Was 38 Years Old At The Time Of His Death And He Left Behind A Daughter Named Ryan As Well As Dane Cook Who Is Now 42 Years Old.
Darryl Mccauley Daughter:
As per the reports, Darryl McCauley has a daughter named Ryan who is now 19 years old and she lives in London with her mother.
Darryl used his brothers’ cash to fund a lavish lifestyle, and he wrote checks in his name for huge sums of money. He was arrested for the same crime in 2010, and he was sentenced to five to six years’ imprisonment.
Key Facts About Darryl Mccauley’s Life and Death
|Darryl Kevin McCauley
|May 31, 1965
|Place of Birth
|Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
|Donna and George McCauley
|1 brother, Dane Cook (comedian)
|Erika Nann McCauley (m. 1992-2009)
|1 daughter, Ryan McCauley
|Cause of Death
|Unknown, under investigation
|Date of Death
|July 18, 2022 (age 57)
|Place of Death
|Ketchum, Idaho, United States
More Details on Darryl’s Life
- Darryl grew up in Arlington, Massachusetts with his brother Dane Cook.
- He was very close to his brother and managed Dane’s comedy career from 1990 to 2008.
- Darryl helped negotiate major deals for Dane’s comedy tours and TV appearances.
- In the mid-2000s, Darryl and his wife Erika allegedly embezzled around $11 million from Dane’s accounts.
- Darryl used the money to fund a lavish lifestyle with multiple houses, cars, vacations, etc.
- Dane sued Darryl and Erika in 2008 for the stolen money.
- Darryl was convicted of larceny and sentenced to 5-6 years in prison in 2010.
- He served 4 years before being released in 2014.
- After prison, Darryl kept a low profile and had limited contact with his famous brother.
- Just before his death, Darryl had checked into rehab for drug addiction issues.
Darryl’s Death Remains a Mystery
Very little is known so far about the circumstances surrounding Darryl Mccauley’s sudden death in July 2022. Some key unanswered questions:
- What was the exact cause and manner of death? Foul play has not been confirmed or ruled out.
- Were drugs involved? Darryl had struggled with addiction. Toxicology reports are pending.
- Why was Darryl in Idaho? He’d been living in Massachusetts before going to rehab.
- Who found the body and alerted authorities?
- Had Darryl been in contact with Dane Cook recently? Their relationship was strained after the theft.
- What will happen to Darryl’s remains? Will there be a funeral service?
Hopefully in time more details will emerge to help explain this tragic loss of life. For now, Darryl Mccauley’s death at just 57 remains an unsettled mystery.
In conclusion, Darryl Mccauley lived a turbulent life marred by addiction issues and criminal behavior. He made serious mistakes that damaged his relationship with his famous brother. However, Darryl did serve his time and was trying to get treatment in rehab. His sudden passing at a young age is nonetheless a sad outcome. More than anything, his death leaves many painful questions for the loved ones he left behind.
Overall, while Mccauley exhibited poor judgment and caused real harm, perhaps we can still find some compassion and hope his loved ones find closure. His life story reinforces how substance abuse can ruin lives if not addressed. My hope is that his death makes us reflect on getting help for those still with us suffering from addiction.
Here is a related video detailing Darryl Mccauley’s theft case and strained relationship with brother Dane Cook:
Shahid Maqsood is an experienced writer and journalist with 10+ years in the industry. He is Content writer and Editor , where he writes daily articles covering topics like books, business, news, sports, and more. Shahid holds an MBA from Virtual University of Pakistan and a Master’s in Mass Communications. He is based in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
His work spans multiple platforms like dosttrusty.com and newsbreak.com,Quellpress.com , airriflehunting, and bruitly.com showcasing his versatility and depth. Shahid’s insightful articles reflect his expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness, making him a respected and reliable voice in digital content creation. His contributions engage and inform readers, embodying professionalism and passion in every piece.