Do you have that certain glow about you? The kind of healthy look that comes from within? If you’re not quite sure what we’re talking about, don’t worry you will in a minute. Apples of cheeks are all the rage right now and for good reason!
They give your face a natural, youthful appearance that is hard to beat. So how do you get them? Keep reading to find out!
Definition of apples of cheeks:
The apples of your cheeks are the round, fleshy parts on the side of your face below your eyes. They get their name from the resemblance to an apple with its dimpled skin.
The muscles that lift your cheeks are called the buccinator muscles. They run from your cheekbones to the corners of your mouth. When you smile or puff out your cheeks, these muscles contract and push up the flesh of your cheeks. This gives you that characteristic apple look.
Ways to achieve apple of cheeks:
- Exercise your buccinator muscles by smiling wide and holding the position for a few seconds before releasing. Repeat this several times a day for the best results.
- Applying blush or bronzer in an upward motion toward your temples can also help create the appearance of lifted cheeks.
- Drinking plenty of water and maintaining a healthy, balanced diet can also contribute to the appearance of plump cheeks.
- Facial fillers or injections are another options for achieving those lifted cheekbones, but they should always be done by a professional in a safe environment.
Remember to always listen to your body and consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new exercise or beauty regimen.
The different types of apples of cheeks:
There are three main types of apples of cheeks:
1. The first type is the round apple shape. This is the most common type and it’s characterized by a full, round shape.
2. The second type is the oval apple shape. This type is less common than the round apple, but it’s more elongated and has a slightly pointed chin.
3. The third type is the triangular apple shape. This is the rarest type and it’s characterized by a pointed chin and a narrow forehead.
The best products for getting apples of cheeks:
The best products for getting apples of cheeks are blushes. They come in both powder and cream form, and the most important thing is to find the right color for your skin tone.
A good way to find the right blush color is to check out the inside of your lower lip. If you have very rosy cheeks, then go with a pink blush. If you have more of a yellow undertone, go with a peach or coral blush. And if you have neutral skin tones, just about any color will work!
When applying blush, always start at the apples of your cheeks and blend outwards. This will give you that natural-looking glow without looking too overdone. And remember to smile while applying, as it will help accentuate the apples of your cheeks even more.
Apples of cheeks can be tricky to achieve but are worth the effort. With the right blush and application technique, you can get that natural-looking flush that will have people wondering if you just came back from a run. It’s all about accentuating the cheekbones with a touch of color.
So go ahead and try out different blushes and application techniques until you find what works best for you. Your perfect apples of cheeks are waiting.